How to Divide Whole Numbers | 1,461÷13 | Part 5 of 6 | Minute Math
The video (file) shared on this page is submitted by a user who claims the right to do so and has agreed to SchoolTube's Terms. Copyright owners may claim potential violations
The steps we use to divide two whole numbers are
1) Divide the first digit of the dividend by the divisor. If the divisor is larger than the first digit of the dividend, divide the first two digits of the dividend by the divisor, and so on.
2) Write the quotient above the dividend.
3) Multiply the quotient by the divisor and write the product under the dividend.
4) Subtract that product from the dividend.
5) Bring down the next digit of the dividend.
6) Repeat from Step 1 until there are no more digits in the dividend to bring down.
7) Check by multiplying the quotient times the divisor.
#longdivision #dividewholenumbers #minutemath #algebrahelp #algebra #prealgebra #beginningalgebra #mathhelp #onlinemathvideos #lightboard #math #mathvideos #oer #openeducation #freemathvideos
Here is the link to our website which covers this topic more in depth:
Every Month we have a new GIVEAWAY that is FREE to Enter. See link below for details. You can enter Every Month!
Amazon Store Front: How we make our videos, Recommended Educational Resources, Etc.:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel:
Visit our website for links to all of our videos:
Need a Math Tutor?
Visit our STEM Store for all your Math and Science Gear: https://minutemathshop.com/
Join our Discord Server for Math Talk and Math Help!
Great Educational Resources Here:
Subscribe to our other Life and Finance/Business YouTube Channel:
Consider supporting us on Patreon...
Follow us for...
Personal Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gannonforpresident/
Business Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/minutebusinessacademy/
CC Licensed Content, Original
Revision and Adaptation. Provided by: Minute Math. License: CC BY 4.0
CC Licensed Content, Shared Previously
Marecek, L., Anthony-Smith, M., & Mathis, A. H. (2020). Introduction to Whole Numbers. In Prealgebra 2e. OpenStax. https://openstax.org/books/prealgebra-2e/pages/1-5-divide-whole-numbers. License: CC BY 4.0. Access for free at https://openstax.org/books/prealgebra-2e/pages/1-introduction