Effective date: March 3, 2021
Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://schooltube.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service is the https://schooltube.com website operated by Leading Ed, LLC (dba SchoolTube)
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
- We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
- The online presence and services of SchoolTube including a mobile app version of SchoolTube when available.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
Registering for an Account
In order to create an account, uses must provide information within a registration form. There are 3 types of accounts that a user may choose to register for: Child Account, Parent Account, Organization (or “Moderator”). Children under the age of 13 may not provide personally identifiable information, and due to the nature of the site, may not fully use the Services until a legal guardian/parent or approved teacher has given permission by creating a Parent Account or an Organization (“moderator”) account. Parents and Teachers/Organizations MUST provide valid proof of their identity and adult status before approving a child’s access to the Site.
Information Collected from Children under 13
SchoolTube will not ask a child or young person under the age of 13 for more information than is reasonable in order to provide that student with the ability to request approval from a verified adult. As stipulated by COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), Schooltube may only ask for non-personally identifiable information, such as a username, password prior to their account creation approval by a verified adult. Schooltube will also request a parent or guardian (such as a Teacher) email address in order to attain approval and valid permission to use the Site.
Information Collected in Registration
- Adult Approved, Child Account: age, username, password, first name, last initial, school name and a parent or guardian (Teacher) email address.
- Parent Account: First name, last name, address, age, and either form of electronic identity verification: valid Social Security number or valid Credit Card
- Organization: Organization name, address, point person (Teacher) first name and last name, and either form of electronic identity verification: valid social security number or valid credit card number, or a signed/uploaded legal agreement with a valid signature.
Unsolicited Information (User Generated Content)
Schooltube does not allow children under the age of 13 to provide User Generated Content of any type, outside of registration, to the live Site. A child must be approved by a validated Adult Account (Parent or Teacher/Organization) in order to post content to the Site.
Content posted to the Site is then regulated by the Terms of Service both the child and adult agree to at Account creation.
Organization “Moderators” and site filters are in place to screen and remove any additional form of Personally Identifiable Information considered unacceptable for Schooltube.com. Accounts who break the rules concerned Personally Identifiable Information, or other conduct related issues that consider privacy, may be permanently deactivated, or in extreme cases, reported to local authorities for additional review.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
As listed below, SchoolTube partners with one or more service providers for video production training or other professional development that we believe are integral to a teacher or school administrator’s (SchoolTube Moderators) success when using SchoolTube and for improving their video production skills in general. As such all Moderator-level accounts receive a co-registration for a no-cost account on the providers listed below. Moderators may opt-out or cancel their no-cost subscription at any time using the link below or within any communication regarding the program.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube)
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Leading Ed, Inc. (dba SchoolTube) relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our Website and mobile app. These ads provide revenue that enables our services to be offered free. We also offer a fee-based ad-free program, which you can learn about here: https://schooltube.com/info/plans/
The ad-serving companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here http://www.networkadvertising.org/
You may opt-out of the use of the DoubleClick Cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the Google Ads Settings web page: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
In some cases, we may provide links to 3rd party products that we feel are valued by our users and in such cases, we may or may not receive a small commission if sales occur. This is referred to as affiliate sales or referral sales. This allows us to generate additional revenue to help continue offering a free version of the Website.
- By email: [email protected]
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS ONLY: When you use our site, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may revisit or change consent-choices at any time by clicking here.