Lesson Plan: Animals Being Bros PART 2
Lesson Plan: Animals Being Bros PART 2
Grade Level: 6-8
Subject: Life Science
Duration: 60 minutes
Next Generation Science Standards:
- MS-LS2-2: Construct an explanation that predicts patterns of interactions among organisms across multiple ecosystems.
- Students will watch a video compilation of animals displaying cooperative behaviors.
- Students will identify and describe the cooperative behaviors exhibited by the animals in the video.
- Students will analyze and discuss the benefits of cooperative behaviors in the animal kingdom.
- Students will create a concept map or diagram to illustrate the connections between different examples of cooperative behaviors.
- Video compilation of animals being bros (pre-selected and appropriate for middle school students)
- Whiteboard or chart paper
- Index cards or small pieces of paper
- String or yarn
- Computers or tablets with internet access (optional)
1. Begin the lesson by asking students if they have ever witnessed animals displaying cooperative behaviors and what they think the benefits of such behaviors might be.
2. Explain to the students that they will be watching a video compilation of animals being bros, which showcases examples of cooperative behaviors in the animal kingdom.
3. Show the video compilation to the class, ensuring it is age-appropriate and suitable for middle school students.
4. After watching the video, facilitate a whole-class discussion, asking students to identify and describe the cooperative behaviors exhibited by the animals in the video. Write down their responses on the whiteboard or chart paper.
5. Introduce the concept of mutualism and explain that cooperative behaviors are often a form of mutualistic relationships among animals. Discuss the benefits of cooperative behaviors, such as increased chances of survival, improved foraging efficiency, and protection from predators.
6. Divide the students into small groups and provide each group with a set of index cards or small pieces of paper. Instruct them to write down different examples of cooperative behaviors they can think of or find through research. They can also use computers or tablets to search for additional examples.
7. Once the groups have written down their examples, provide them with string or yarn and instruct them to create a concept map or diagram to connect the different examples of cooperative behaviors. Encourage them to include labels or descriptions that explain the nature of the cooperative behaviors and the benefits they provide.
8. Give the groups time to work on their concept maps or diagrams, providing support and guidance as needed.
9. After the concept maps or diagrams are completed, have each group present their work to the class, explaining the connections between the different examples of cooperative behaviors.
10. Facilitate a class discussion to further analyze and discuss the patterns and commonalities among the examples of cooperative behaviors presented by the groups. Encourage students to identify any recurring themes or strategies used by animals to cooperate.
11. Summarize the lesson by highlighting the importance of cooperative behaviors in the animal kingdom and how they contribute to the overall balance and survival of ecosystems.
- Assess students' understanding of cooperative behaviors, their ability to identify and describe examples of cooperative behaviors, and their ability to create a concept map or diagram by reviewing their group work and participation in the class discussion.
Next Generation Science Standards Correlations:
Animals & Pets Being Helpful / Bros in Different Situations - Animals are Awesome Video Compilation. Let us know what you thought was the funniest videos in the comments, and which animal you thought was the cutest!?Thanks for watching and hope you enjoyed our newest episode of Animals Being Jerks funny compilation ??? Subscribe to watch more cute pet videos#animalsbeingbros #funny #cuteanimals=====================================Music - https://www.bensound.com/=====....==================== us out on Social Media.Please note: These videos were compiled from reddit, if you have an issue with your video being included in the upload, please contact us.=====================================animals being bros, animals being helpful, pets being bros, pets being helpful, dogs being bros, dogs being helpful, cats being bros, cats being helpful, puppies being bros, puppies being helpful, kitten being bros, kittens being helpful, kittens being bros, Animals being, Animals being funny, Animals being cute, Animals being friends, Animals being bros, Animals being nice to humans, Animals being funny at the zoo, Animals being funny compilation, Animals being funny and cute, Animals being funny videos, Animals being funny youtube, Wild animals being funny,Pets Helping and Being Friends, animals being friends, pets being friends,