Can Coloring Barbie Dream House Boost Creativity in K-12 Students? Lesson Plan & Common Core Correlations
Objective: Students will enhance their creativity and fine motor skills by coloring a GIANT Barbie Dream House coloring book page using Crayola crayons.
Grade Level: K-12
- GIANT Barbie Dream House coloring book page
- Crayola crayons (variety of colors)
- Coloring supplies (such as markers, colored pencils, or pastels) - optional
- Scissors - optional
- Glue - optional
- Construction paper - optional
- Begin the lesson by discussing the importance of creativity and how it can be expressed through different art forms, such as coloring.
- Show the students the GIANT Barbie Dream House coloring book page and explain that they will have the opportunity to color it using Crayola crayons.
- Encourage students to think about the colors they would like to use and ask them to share their ideas with the class.
2. Coloring Activity:
- Distribute the GIANT Barbie Dream House coloring book page and Crayola crayons to each student.
- Instruct the students to carefully color the different elements of the Barbie Dream House using the crayons.
- Encourage students to experiment with different colors and shading techniques to make their artwork more vibrant and visually appealing.
- Optional: Provide additional coloring supplies, such as markers, colored pencils, or pastels, for students who want to explore different mediums.
- Optional: Students can also cut out different elements of the Barbie Dream House and glue them onto construction paper to create a collage or diorama.
- Once the students have finished coloring, ask them to reflect on their artwork and share what they enjoyed most about the activity.
- Encourage students to discuss any challenges they encountered and how they overcame them.
- Lead a class discussion on the importance of creativity and how it can be applied in various aspects of life.
Common Core Correlations:
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.K.10: Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.7: Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.2.7: Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.7: Explain how specific aspects of a text's illustrations contribute to what is conveyed by the words in a story.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.4.5: Explain major differences between poems, drama, and prose, and refer to the structural elements of poems (e.g., verse, rhythm, meter) and drama (e.g., casts of characters, settings, descriptions, dialogue, stage directions) when writing or speaking about a text.
Join in on the fun as Kimmi The Clown colors in her Barbie GIANT Coloring Book from Crayola! This fabulous coloring book comes with 18 different GIANT pages to color! Watch me color a picture of Barbie and her pet poodle, using Crayola crayons! I had so much fun coloring in this GIANT coloring book and watching my picture come to life! Join me tomorrow for more fun videos! THANKS FOR WATCHING! HAVE A FUN DAY!!! ☺️Subscribe to Kimmi The Clown!https://www.youtube.com/channe....l/UCiSRILqVmWbYfxgT3 me on Instagram!https://www.instagram.com/kimmitheclownFollow me on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/KimmiTheClownFollow me on Twitter!https://twitter.com/KimmiTheClownMY MOST RECENT VIDEOS PLAYLIST:Coloring Whisker Haven Treasure Coloring Book Page Colored Markers Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=3qALY6WaoWcColorin Hello Kitty Sanrio Coloring Book Page Colored Markers Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=cMkfRjmgKXYColorin Strawberry Shortcake Lemon Meringue Coloring Book Page Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=FhK_PE5XZVEColorin Dora The Explorer Princess GIANT Coloring Book Page Crayola Crayonshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=XvmAZn7icCkColorin Peppa Pig & Teddy Coloring Book Page Colored Markers Prismacolor https://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=U_Cc-iyNai4Colorin Monster High Abbey Bominable GIANT Coloring Book Page Colored Pencil https://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=JFk2R0NcXy4Colorin Batgirl DC Super Hero Girls GIANT Coloring Book Page Colored Pencilhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=vjLk-IxLgXkColorin Shopkins Lippy Lips Coloring Book Page Colored Pencil Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=o2gCQ8WhlZUColorin Inside Out Bing Bong Coloring Book Page Colored Pencil Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=3tw9VzNBluQColorin Trolls Smidge Crayola Coloring Book Page Prismacolor Colored Markershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=hGgtrXCrDrwColorin Big Bird Sesame Street Coloring Book Page Crayola Crayonshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=ltW6WF1K3BsColorin Jasmine Aladdin Disney Princess Coloring Book Colored Pencil Prismacolorhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?....v=q2v6I-xnMZY******* The Clown | Family Friendly ChannelBe sure to Like & Subscribe so you don't miss out on the fun!*******Crayola is a brand of artists' supplies manufactured by Crayola, LLC (formerly Binney & Smith Company) and best known for its crayons. The company is based in Forks Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania. Since 1984, Crayola has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Hallmark Cards. Originally an industrial pigment supply company, Crayola soon shifted its focus to art products for home and school use, beginning with chalk, then crayons, followed later by colored pencils, markers, paints, modeling clay, and other related goods. All Crayola-branded products are marketed as nontoxic and safe for use by children. Most Crayola crayons are made in the United States.Barbie is a fashion doll manufactured by the American toy company Mattel, Inc. and launched in March 1959. American businesswoman Ruth Handler is credited with the creation of the doll using a German doll called Bild Lilli as her inspiration.